† Indicates co-first author, * Indicates undergraduate co-author
10. Singh, D., Reed, S.M.*, Kimmitt, A.A., Alford, K.A. and Ketterson, E.D., 2020. Breeding at higher latitude as measured by stable isotope
is associated with higher photoperiod threshold and delayed reproductive development in a songbird. Hormones & Behavior.
9. Justen, H.†, Kimmitt, A.A.†, and Delmore, K.E. 2020. Estimating hybridization rates in the wild: easier said than done? Evolution. In
8. Kimmitt, A.A, 2020. Females as the gatekeepers to seasonal breeding: what we can learn by studying reproductive mechanisms in
both sexes. Integrative and Comparative Biology, 60 (3), pp.703-711
7. Orr, T.J., Burns, M., Hawkes, K., Holekamp, K.E., Hook, K.A., Josefson, C.C., Kimmitt, A.A., Lewis, K, Lipshutz, S.E., Lynch, K.S., Sirot, L.K., Stadtmauer, D.J., Staub, N.L., Wolfner, M.F. and Hayssen, V. 2020. It takes two to tango: including a female perspective in
reproductive biology. Integrative and Comparative Biology, 60 (3), pp.796-813.
6. Kimmitt, A.A., Webb, A.L.*, Greives, T.J. and Ketterson, E.D., 2020. Migrant and resident female songbirds differ in gonadal response
to upstream stimulation during seasonal sympatry. General and Comparative Endocrinology, 293, p.113469.
5. Kimmitt, A.A., Sinkiewicz, D.M. and Ketterson, E.D., 2020. Seasonally sympatric songbirds that differ in migratory strategy also differ
in neuroendocrine measures. General and comparative endocrinology, 285, p.113250.
4. Kimmitt, A.A., Hardman, J.W.*, Stricker, C.A. and Ketterson, E.D., 2019. Migratory strategy explains differences in timing of female
reproductive development in seasonally sympatric songbirds. Functional Ecology, 33(9), pp.1651-1662.
3. Kimmitt, A.A., Dietz, S.L.*, Reichard, D.G., and Ketterson, E.D., 2018. Male courtship preference during seasonal sympatry may
reinforce population divergence. Ecology and Evolution 8(23), pp.11833-11841.
2. Reichard, D.G., Kimmitt, A.A., Welklin, J.F. and Ketterson, E.D., 2017. Condition-and context-dependent factors are related to courtship behavior of paired and unpaired males in a socially monogamous songbird. The Auk, 134(3), pp.575-586.
1. O'Dell, D.A., Carlo, M.A., Kimmitt, A., Bikowski, E., Morris, K.R. and Dolby, A., 2014. A comparison of techniques measuring stress in
birds. Virginia Journal of Science, 65(3), p.3.
1. Ramirez, L.E. *, Carrera, C. *, Kimmitt, A.A., Delmore, K.E., and Goulart, A. On Developing a Low-Cost Zugunruhe Date Collection
System—An Interdisciplinary Capstone Project. Submitted to the Journal of Engineering Technology.